Performer Applications for the 2017 Tablelands Folk Festival are now open. We would like to encourage artists of all genres to go to the http://www.tablelandsfolkfestival.org.au/site/gig-application/ and fill out an application. Whether it be music, poetry, comedy, street performance, circus, children’s entertainment or something in between, we’d love to hear from you. Applications close on April 30 so get to it. We particularly encourage North Queenslanders to apply.
Tablelands Folk Festival presents:
The April Tablelands Folk Festival Yungaburra Sessions is a double whammy.
Held on the same weekend as the Soldier On Triathlon centred around the township of Yungaburra, Lake Tinaroo and the Afghanistan Avenue of Honour. This event brings a high energy, high spirits feel to the sleepy town of Yungaburra.
As the triathlon coincides with the TFF Sessions weekend we bring you the highly entertaining Mangrove Jack. The band will be in town for the entire weekend presenting concerts in the Yungaburra Hotel on Saturday evening for The Sessions and again during the Sunday Triathlon festivities.
The usual Saturday afternoon verandah jam session will be the high point of the Saturday afternoon. Musicians of all skills levels are encouraged to join in.
• 2017 Performer Applications now open until April 30
• Yungaburra Sessions Verandah Folk Music Jam session from 3 pm Saturday April 22 – Yungaburra Hotel Verandah
• Mangrove Jack in Concert from 7 pm Saturday April 22 – Yungaburra Hotel Ballroom
• Soldier On Triathlon Saturday April 22 and Sunday April 23 featuring Mangrove Jack
• Soldier On Triathlon athlete registrations open on April 21. Go to soldierontriathlon.org for more information.